Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thought Question Thursday

As a graduate student I am allowed to focus all my energy in academics. Even though I am going to school, it isn't the same as undergraduate. I am not going to school to get a job, even though I will come out as a professional in the end. The job I am preparing for is one where I will do research and teach, which is a continuation of what I am doing now. I think modern America cares so little for intelligence and learning for the sake of it. Being an intellectual, or a scholar means so little. The fact that I am getting to not only continue my education, but I am getting a stipend to live on is wonderful. Even though I am a slacker, I love what I study. I really appreciate that I get to do something I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment