Monday, October 3, 2011

Where I am Now


Playlist after the jump...

I Love the Unknown-Eef Barzelay
I thought this song was an appropriate opening song, there have been so many changes in my life lately that everything is kind of unknown...and I love it.
The doctor asked him what he was afraid of
just what was he running from?
he said, "it's not a fear of success, nor of closeness
but of going through life feeling numb"
The Exploding People-Cloud Cult
You never see the  present cause you're always looking back.
Or counting down the seconds to a heart attack.
Bottle it up and the bottle goes crack.
Do what ya do cause you can't come back.
Red Cape-Priscilla Ahn
This song represents letting go of the past so that you can live in the future and ties in really well with the Cloud Cult track before. 
But I can't wear my cape
'Cause I would be repeating a mistake
Jack Oak Tree-The Instruments Band
This is one of my favorite The Instruments Band songs and I found myself listening to it on repeat for a couple days, so I knew it belonged.
Either I'm coming up
or you're coming down
Either I'm growing up
or you're growing down
Take your time
I don't mind
Hallelujah the Hills-Hallelujah the Hills
I don't know what it is about this song, but for some reason I am really drawn to it...maybe because of how random the lyrics seem to be, I do love random.
Made inventions, broke conventions
raised a glass to new pretensions 
meta-meta-meta-and the novel is dead
Sawdust Man-Ben Kweller
I think this song is amazing, and amazingly catchy. This block of songs represents a failed romance that started early in my Albany life...it was very sort lived.
Pockets fat well my kitty cat
We're gonna have some fun
When I see the big high beams
Cross the country line I get butterflies
2 Atoms in a Molecule-Noah and the Whale
Love, love, love this song.  I think it represents love perfectly.
But now I look at love like being stabbed in the heart
You torture each other from day to day and then one day you part
Most of the time it's misery but there's some joy at the start
And for that, I'd say it's worth it just use a blade that's short and sharp on me
Coquet Coquette-Of Montreal
I remember the day I learned what a coquette was and all of the sudden this song made sense to me...
My coquette, you are the death, you are the pinnacle
Right Through You-Alanis Morissette
I want to note that this failed romance really wasn't a big deal, despite how many songs seem to fit that theme. It just happened that all these songs seemed to fit my current life mood and outlook. This one also ties into how many crappy dates I went on after I moved here...
You pat me on the head
You took me out to wine dine 69 me
But didn't hear a damn word that I said
Not a Pretty Girl-Ani DiFranco
This song really clicks with me, as a women's studies/feminist person, I think about the issues this song brings up all the time.
I am not an angry girl
but it seems like I've got everyone fooled
every time I say something they find hard to hear
they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear
and imagine you're a girl 
just trying to come clean
knowing full well they'd prefer you were 
dirty and smiling
Soldier-Ingrid Michaelson
So I met this cute boy...
I sit in the back of a bus watching the world grow old
Watching the world go by all by myself
I took a faith full leap and packed up all my things and all my love
and gave it to somebody else
Ottoman-Vampire Weekend
Today's for you
They laid it out for you
For you
Human(The Killers Cover)-Jonna Lee
I love this cover of this song. I feel bad, but this is one of those songs where it took a cover for me to really appreciate the lyrics.
And sometimes I get nervous
When I see an open door
Close your eyes, clear your heart
Cut the cord
Citizens of Tomorrow(Space Ballad Version)-Tokyo Police Club
I thought about cutting this song out, because it is so depressing. Yet, I am at a point where the future is on my mind and it fit with the flow so well. It also fits in with all the Marx I've been reading, robots=capitalists?
Our robot masters will know 
How to clean this mess up
and build a better world
for man and machine alike
for the boys and girls 
who are slaves building spaceships at night
There's So Much Energy In Us-Cloud Cult
We feel our hearts break as the engines fade.
Still need to find it. Still need to find it.
So we took the written words of our philosophers, 
and built a fire from it. Let's get those engines lit.
We took the church's veil and built a mighty sail, 
to carry forth this ship. But we're still losing it.
There's so much energy in us

No comments:

Post a Comment