Wednesday, April 6, 2011

First and Last Qualm

So this is really odd because my first playlist for my blog could be my last playlist for WECW. I haven't decided if I want to do a show term 3 or not. I'm at a point where I'm avoiding any possible obligations.  Even if I do a show, term 3 radio shows are not quite the same in my opinion. It feels really weird to think about not being a DJ anymore. It has been a major part of my life for the past four years and all of the sudden it will be gone. Which is really sad to think about. My radio show has allowed me to have my own space to express myself, through both music and words. Music is insanely powerful and getting to take the songs that mean so much to me and sharing them has meant so much to me. I can't really describe it. Stepping away from WECW is just part of leaving EC, and currently the only part I can even imagine. Being a senior is super weird. So this will not be my last playlist, I will always be putting songs together to make a statement...but it kind of feels like the last time.




The Playlist after the jump

My theme this week was kind of nature earth theme...that involved into a life kind of theme...
Jack Oak Tree-The Instruments Band-The Instruments Band is a group who I love to play, the music sounds wonderful to my ears...and the lyrics are very relatable to me. This is one of my favorite songs by them, I can't really describe how it makes me feel with words, I would have to do a dance. 
Rain-Priscilla Ahn- It is rainy outside and this is my favorite rainy day song.
Oh What a Day-Ingrid Michaelson: So right now I am getting ready for a huge transition in my life and while this song is more about a break up...I think it can be applied to my transition from college to what is next. Now that I am leaving EC I can move onto something good, something better.
Mouthwash-Kate Nash: So I wasn't going to play this on my show...but I am really glad I kept it in my playlist. At first I didn't think it really fit with the rest of my songs, but this song is about being who you are. Telling people this is who I am and not caring what they think about it. I've been thinking about who I am, what I am doing here, what I want to do with my life. There is a lot of pressure to be a certain kind of person and I've tried very hard to ignore what other people want me to be and just let my own kind of inner light shine...which is really difficult. I'm used to being told I am weird and I don't mind going against the flow, but as much as I do it, it still isn't easy.
I Do-Lisa Loeb: I was on the iTunes store, and this song was recommended and that is how it ended up on my playlist...It is so weird, because for once I am not in the mood for a break up song, which is actually wonderful. For almost a year now I've been trying to get over my ex, which I will be totally honest, I am not completely over it, but if I look at how I've felt even the last few months it has gotten so much better. I think it ties in so well with Mouthwash, because she is saying this is how I feel and I am not ashamed to state it.
Lucy Schwartz: So this was another iTunes recommendation and I really love her. Lucy Schwartz is only 17, but she doesn't sound like it at all. The playlist originally had three of her songs but I could only include 2. The one first one I Don't Know a Thing is basically my life right now. Strange Feeling in the Night has less relevance but is really good.
Blue Skies-Noah and the Whale: No playlist is complete without some Noah and the Whale. This song is really motivational and something that I need right now. I am overwhelmed with work, and it is nice to hear that things will get better and less stressful. 
Force of Nature-Lenka: I really like this song and it fit in with the nature thing. :)
Blue Lips-Regina Spektor: This is one of my favorite songs ever, and another song that I don't think needs explaining.
Transatlanticism-Death Cab for Cutie: I dedicate this song to a cuddly friend of mine who I wish I was closer to.

No comments:

Post a Comment