Thursday, April 28, 2011

Love Affair without a Love Song

So I already posted this mix...then some how deleted it.  I think it speaks for itself.  Right now I am feeling lots of things. Confusion, anxiety, restlessness over next year. Also, feelings of love and affection towards two different men, who I have very different relationships with.  Neither of these relationships can be what I really want them to be, for two very different reasons.  Many of these songs deal with those feelings.  Enjoy

Playlist and my favorite lyrics after the jump...

The City Ain't That Much Fun-Anna Su
I love this whole song and how it fits my life so well, particularly how I am ready to get out of where I am, but I really want someone to come with me...
Wont you hold me
But don't let me run
I heard from all the others
The city ain't that much fun
Home-She&Him
This is one of my favorite love songs...
Why don’t we just sit and stare and do nothing?
Nothing at all for a while
I like the way you smile
I Want to Belong to You-Katie Herzig
This song sounds so pleasant to me with the beautiful music and humming. Even if it is sad at the same time...
I pray no one will find you
I’ll stay right where I am
‘Til you come back
Don’t let me lose you
Before there’s a chance to begin
The Show-Lenka
This is another song that reminds me to just let go and live life, because it will happen no matter what I do, which is something I need to be reminded of lately...
I'm just a little girl lost in the moment
I'm so scared but I don't show it
I can't figure it out
It's bringing me down I know
I've got to let it go
And just enjoy the show
Hologram-Katie Herzig
This song captures wanting someone who doesn't want you back if you're on either side. I love the analogy, you create this vision in your head what they are, but you can't really have them so they will only ever just be this vision...
I’m in a love affair without a love song
I’m in the habit of having what I don’t want
I’m just a hologram
You can see but don’t touch me baby
Oh I bet you want me
Crooked Box-Lucy Schwartz
I am in love with this Miss. Schwartz she is just amazing. This song captures a break up so well, the confusion of what now, what just happened, was there ever anything there? The term crooked box just fits so well...
and all the world keeps going by
the seasons start to change
but i'm stuck here, not knowing why
the stars have rearranged.
Static Waves (Feat. Katie Herzig)-Andrew Belle
This song is just so AMAZING to listen to, so wonderfully put together.  The music creates so much emotion on it's own and then the lyrics, so powerful...
the static waves across the screen
define this notion
back and forth and in between
like my emotion
and i know youre never gonna understand
Lack of Color-Sunday Lane
Another adorable singer songwriter, this is one of my top songs right now. All the pieces fit together so well. I love how upbeat and honest the song is....
Question things, you should know why you believe

What you believe, and then you'll be free



I'm gonna' miss you like the straight up sunshine

But I loved you with a hope that's not my own

No, you were not my own

Now I'm living in a lack of color

You've taken all I know
Sort Of-Ingrid Michaelson
Ingrid Michaelson is one an artist who has a song that captures my feelings exactly no matter what they are...
Baby, you've got the sort of laugh that waters me
And makes me grow tall and strong and proud and flattens me
I find you stunning, but you are running me down
My love's too big for you my love
First Days of Spring-Noah and the Whale
Spring represents a new start. This is what I will soon be experiencing in my own life, I'm just waiting for winter to end...
It's the first day of spring
And my life is starting over again
The trees grow, the river flows
And its water will wash away my sins
For I do believe that everyone has one chance
To fuck up their lives
But like a cut down tree, I will rise again
And I'll be bigger and stronger than ever before



1 comment:

  1. It is weird when a playlist becomes more relevant after you make it...like this one has :(

    ReplyDelete