Saturday, May 28, 2011

Betrayal

I had an experience today that showed me how petty people can be. How important it is to surround yourself with the right people. Even if they seem harmless now, they might not always be. I never thought I would have to deal with something so stupid as an almost college graduate...but I did. Here is a playlist about it. Sorry it is so depressing...I am going to try to do something cheerful next week, but no promises I'll probably be stressed to the point of near explosion...
Song list if you continue on



Fireflies-Chris Garneau
I'm a huge Chris Garneau fan. I recommend checking out all of his songs, but this one is a favorite of mine.
You're making friends with the fireflies
I can't say that this comes as a surprise
But the things they say are not what they seem
Leader-Phantom Planet
I included this song to reference people who blindly follow others, despite what they believe is right and the consequences of their actions.
He explained so easily
We are all the missing pieces
Maybe you'll fit right in too
Ask yourself, it might be true
She's a Rejector-Of Montreal
This is one of my favorite songs EVER. In fact it is the ringtone for my phone and I am kind of glad to have an excuse to include it in a playlist.
Want to pay some other girl
To just walk up to her and hit her
Feeling Lucky-Jimmy Eat World
I feel like this playlist is a throwback to my old music taste. Jimmy Eat World was one of the only bands I used to listen to and probably the first real band I ever listened to. While I have greatly expanded my music collection I still love them.
I follow your sign, where it leads I go.
But you turned your back so easily,
It tells me everything I need, yeah.
Friend is a Four Letter Word-Cake
I'm really only praying
That the words you'll soon be saying
Might betray the way you feel about me.
Choke-The Cardiagans
I stumble by
attached to you
I couldn't let it go
Paper Sailboat-Dana Falconberry
This song doesn't fit the situation perfectly, but I really love it.
If I could I would make time go backwards
The river would run upstream
And everything I've lost would come back
Floating
Since You've Been Gone-Ted Leo cover of Kelly Clarkson
Since you've been gone
I can breath for the first time
The Sign-The Mountain Goats...also a cover of Ace of Base
I love this version of the song. I would play it on repeat all day long...actually I have and it fits this playlist so well.
For so many years I've wondered who you are
How could a person like you bring me joy?
So Soon-The Rentals
So soon, so sad
I guess it was just a laugh
Goodnight Goodnight-Hot Hot Heat
So goodnight, goodnight.
You're embarrassing me,
you're embarrassing you.
The Sound of Settling-Death Cab for Cutie
Our youth is fleeting
Old age is just around the bend
And I can't wait to go gray
One Day I Will Do-Priscilla Ahn
Another track from Priscilla Ahn's amazing new album. Totally check it out if you haven't. This is more of a general where I am with my life right now track.
This I promis you
One day I will do
Everything so perfect and good
I swear, I swear

No comments:

Post a Comment