Saturday, May 28, 2011

Empty

I know I said I would try to do a cheerful playlist, but not happening. We had a memorial today for Dr. Michael J. Kiskis and it made me reflect on my whole life. Not only was it about the loss of an amazing man for me, but how in a week I am losing so much of what I hold dear. My life is changing and I have so many mixed feelings about it. I am going to let the playlist speak for itself, but expect more reflections soon...

Playlist if you continue

People and Love and Plants-New Socks
This song is all about death, of not only people, but love as well. What better way to start a playlist than with a song about death.
I'll never die
I will live forever
Never see the other side
Time to Pretend-MGMT
I've been think a lot about why we are here and the value of life. Why do we do so much pointless bullshit? Why do we surround ourselves with people we don't care about? Why does it matter?
But there is really nothing, nothing we can do
Love must be forgotten, life can always start up anew
Garden of Simple-Ani DiFranco
This song continues on with the theme of purpose and the value of our lives. What are we doing to this world and to our humanity? I wish so badly that I could go to the Garden of Simple. This song is one of the most powerful songs I've ever heard. I wish I could live it.
we were standing in a garden
and i had a machine that made silence
it just sucked up the whole opinionated din
and there were no people on the payroll
and there were no monkeys on our backs
and i said, show me what you look like
without skin
Down in the Valley-The Head and the Heart
This song makes me melt. It calls for a simple life, one that I crave.
These are the places you will find me hidin'
These are the places I will always go
I am on my way
I am on my way back to where I started
3rd Planet-Modest Mouse
The universe is shaped exactly like the earth
if you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were.
Century Plant-Company (Camp)
This is a song from one of my favorite musicals. The movie is about a group of high school kids discovering who they are and excepting that of themselves and others. I love how innocent the song is...yet so wise.
Hey! Do you wanna come out
and play the game?
It's never too late
Forces of the Unseen-Cloud Cult
Another track from Light Chasers, which is a powerful album as a whole and is best enjoyed in that fashion. 
We have so much energy 
that you can't see.
We'll blow right through it.
I Do-Lisa Loeb
This song reflects a lot of frustration I've been feeling, but at the same time creates a kind of unity. While it is a break-up song, I still think it fits.
I will be ignored
I will be denied
I could be erased
I could be brushed aside
I will get scared, and I will get shoved down
June-Lucy Schwartz
I'm still in love with Lucy Schwartz, she is an amazing musician and here is another song of hers to prove it.
And it feels like winter in the middle of June
Empty House-Priscilla Ahn
Dusty shelves, stains in the rug
Broken door to mend
Here is where they used to lie
and wanted it all to end
Keep Breathing-Ingrid Michaelson
How do we get through all the pain and suffering in the world? One breath at a time...
All that I know is I'm breathing.
All I can do is keep breathing.
All we can do is keep breathing.
My Sundown-Jimmy Eat World
This song is the perfect closing, it really wraps up all the feelings I am trying to portray.
I wanna be so much more than this








No comments:

Post a Comment