Sunday, May 8, 2011

...

While writing my last blog post, I received an email and found out that a well loved professor has passed away. I had heard earlier today that he had a heart attack, but that he was moved out of intensive care today...
The email came as a shock. While this is not a professor that I am really close to, I've had classes with him and really enjoyed him as a professor and a person.  One of my classes this term was a class with him. I was in total disbelief and am still having trouble grasping this. He was a wonderful man. You could tell he genuinely cared about his students and was so knowledgeable. I'm expected to go to class tomorrow, knowing that he is absent and will be forever. I am not sure I can handle that. What kind of institution expects students to do that? I still can't believe it.
Death is something that makes me sick to think about and am sure that will always be the case. I have so many thoughts and feelings I want to share, but I am still processing them.  EC will not be the same without him...


No comments:

Post a Comment