Friday, May 13, 2011

Life and Death

So last night I created a new playlist and I was so excited to share it...and blogger was done :( Then I had some emotional issues I really wanted to share...blogger was still down...the emotional issues are mostly gone...so I'll focus on the playlist. With the death of a professor I've been thinking a lot about life and what it means to me.  If it was last night I'm sure I would have a massive post about his playlist...but I forgot all that so here is the music...



Playlist after the jump


When You Grow Up-Priscilla Ahn
This is the self titled track off of Priscilla Ahn's new album...I recommend checking it out
When you grow up, what kind of person will you be?
Oh the things you'll be happy
Dreams in the Hollow-Jesca Hoop
all is well in my sorrow
isn't she a beauty
burning hall
ash and shadow
here comes the hero
Kids-MGMT
Decisions are made and not bought
But I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot
I guess not
Don't Let Us Get Sick-Jill Sobule
The moon has a face
And it smiles on the lake
And causes the ripples in Time
I'm lucky to be here 
With someone I like
Who maketh my spirit to shine
Ambergris-Snowblink
Sow a sparrow tree
Love with crying birds for fruit
In a Radio Song-Okkervil River
I rose from a dream;
We were running
from every being
that was hunting,
but we let them get ahead of us.
We let them lie in wait for us.
We're fucked, we're fucked, we're fucked.
The Heron and the Fox-Little Scream
I don't know who I am
and I don't know what I'll be
Do you Realize??-The Flaming Lips
You realize the sun doesn't go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round
See These Bones-Nada Surf
Look alive
See these bones
What you are now
We were once
Just like we are
You will be dust
Just like we are
Permanent
What Sarah Said-Death Cab for Cutie
It sung like a violent wind
That our memories depend 
On a faulty camera in our minds
Dawn-Cloud Cult
I can't breathe unless you're in my air.
I'm not here unless you're somewhere near.
When old age calls, we'll share a rocking chair.
And I feel like the dawn.
That light is getting near.

No comments:

Post a Comment