Thursday, May 19, 2011

When Life Seems Overwhelming, Keep Calm and Carry On

I got an email a few days ago about registering for my graduate classes...
My life is changing faster than I would like, as excited as I am for the fall, it is pretty scary. This playlist is me working through some of those feelings. I tried my best to keep out the sad feelings of having to lose my lover, and focused more on feeling scared and unsure and looking for hope, ending with more hopeful tracks...



I'm Scared of a Lot of Things-Benjamin Jameson Morey
Ben Morey is a genius in my mind. His lyrics are so powerful and the music so pleasing to my ear. I love all of his songs, but this is one of my favorites. This song is the inspiration for the rest of the playlist...
Will the days in front of me hold some sort of mystery?
And will I finally learn to greet them hopefully?
I'm so scared that this is it, that there's no grander scheme I fit
and there's no better place that I'm suppose to be.
Lost Cause-Priscilla Ahn
This is from Priscilla Ahn's new album, which if you haven't noticed, I am in love with. I know I have felt this way with my life so many times. What is the point to anything?
I'm pretty lazy, I like to sleep
You could say I am pretty beat
Oh, am I just a lost cause?
Over the Rainbow-Ingrid Michaelson
I picked Ingrid's version of this song over the original cause while the lyrics are the same, I feel like this version is more powerful...
Why then oh why can't I
The World at Large-Modest Mouse
You don't know where and you don't know when.
But you still got your words and you got your friends.
Walk along to another day.
Work a little harder, work another way.
No One Said it Would be Easy-Cloud Cult
And everything you need is here
Everything you fear is here
And it's holding you up
It just keeps holding you up
Hands-Jewel
And not to worry
cause worry is wasteful 
and useless in times like these
The Art of Falling-Greg Holden
Better to fall on your face than to stay on your feet 
as long as you tried
Lady in Spain-Ingrid Michaelson
I can be anything that I see
I can do anything I want to
I Don't Want to Wait-Rosi Golan
Moment that I wait, or I hesitate 
is a moment I waste
And I can see it all passing me by
 I can see it all passing me
The Good Life-Weezer
It's time I got back to the good life
Waiting for My Chance to Come-Noah and the Whale
And no one's gonna get in my way
Gonna figure it out for myself
Yeah no one's gonna make me stay
Gonna figure it out myself
I'm Dead-Benjamin Jameson Morey
Ending with who I started with...I heard this song live, just Ben and his guitar and it was amazing, to be honest so much better than this recorded version. While this song is sad, it is humorous as well and my way of ending on a high note. 



No comments:

Post a Comment